Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sunday Snippets – A Catholic Carnival

Ah, yes, “Sunday Snippets – A Catholic Carnival.” [link to host site].  Glad to be back.  It's been a busy week at Principium et Finis.  Here's the round-up:

Monday: "Cello Wars" by the Piano Guys [link].  This is pure fun - my kids insisted that I post it.  It's worth checking out.

Also Monday: “Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.”[link] Not all poverty is alike.  This is an argument that, at least in the United States, Poverty of Spirit is the more serious problem.

Wednesday: "It's snowing again . . . " [link] Well, it was snowing again, and it looked awful picturesque.  I took a picture of my beloved Wayside Crucifix and the raised bed gardens out back. Welcome to Maine!



Also Wednesday: "'Doing' The Truth In Love" [link].  A curious bit of Latin in our new bishop's coat of arms leads me to a new appreciation of a familiar scripture passage.

Thursday:  "Free The Romeikes!" [link] In Germany, Christian Homeschoolers are outlaws: the government can and will take your children away if you don't surrender them to the official (officially secularist) schools.  But that's not persecution, according to Attorney General Eric Holder . . .

Also Thursday: "Sanctify Your Day: The Liturgy Of The Hours" [link].  The Divine Office is not just for monks.

Friday: "Abortion Myth # 5" [link].  Aborting babies with abnormalities has become Standard Operating Procedure; nine out of ten babies diagnosed in the womb with Downs Syndrome, for instance, are "eliminated".  Guess what?  It's still wrong.

Also Friday:  "Anna Netrebko and Elina Garanca sing 'Barcarolle'" [link].  Sure, Tales of Hoffman is a weird opera, but this is such a beautiful song. . . and you can enjoy it here without having to sit through that bizarre number with the doll.

Oh, and my favorite scripture quote: Romans 12:2: "Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may prove what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."  I need to remind myself, constantly, that my mission is not to make everyone else like me, but to make myself more like Christ, which I can do only through His Grace.

Please, feel free to look around - until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment