- A study of the medical records of 56,741 California medicaid patients revealed that women who had abortions were 160 percent more likely than delivering women to be hospitalized for psychiatric treatment in the first 90 days following abortion or delivery. Rates of psychiatric treatment remained significantly higher for at least four years. (link)
- Approximately 60 percent of women who experience post-abortion sequelae report suicidal ideation, with 28 percent actually attempting suicide, of which half attempted suicide two or more times. (link)
- Abortion is linked with increased depression, violent behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, replacement pregnancies, and reduced maternal bonding with children born subsequently. These factors are closely associated with child abuse and would appear to confirm individual clinical assessments linking post-abortion trauma with subsequent child abuse. (link)
- Post-abortion couples are more likely to divorce or separate. Many post-abortion women develop a greater difficulty forming lasting bonds with a male partner. (link)
- Women who have one abortion are at increased risk of having additional abortions in the future. Women with a prior abortion experience are four times more likely to abort a current pregnancy than those with no prior abortion history. (link)
- Some women experience all or some of the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). (link)
-Some claim that having the "products of conception" removed in an abortion is no more traumatic than having a tooth pulled. Yet many thousands of women belong to postabortion support groups such as Silent No More, Women Exploited By Abortion, and American Victims of Abortion, or seek healing from programs like Project Rachel and Rachel’s Vineyard. Why don’t survivors of other "common medical procedures" need support groups?
To read the testimonies of women scarred by abortion, see Silent no More,Women Exploited By Abortion, The Elliot Institute
Another extensive resource on the documented psychological effects of abortion can be found here.
DON’T BUY THE LIE!
The Nurturing Network (link)
Essential Pro-Life Resources:
Pro-Life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments (link)
The Elliot Institute (link)
National Right To Life Committee (link)