Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Beginning and the End

       I originally gave this blog the title principium (“beginning” in Latin) accidentally: I was still figuring out how everything worked (still am, come to think of it), and I thought I was naming my first post, not the whole blog.  I kept it for three reasons: first, because I realized it could stand as a tribute to Christ who is, after all, the beginning of all things; second because it sounded kind of cool in a Latinate sort of way, and third because I didn’t know how to change it.  Now that I’ve learned my way around a little better, I’m changing the blog to Principium et Finis in order to make it a clear reference to Jesus Christ who says:  Ego sum Alpha et Omega, Primus et Novissimus, Principium et Finis (REV 22:13), "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."
     So there it is.  By naming this blog after the Alpha and Omega, I’m honoring the Lord, letting my readers know where I’m coming from and, not least, reminding myself, every time I come here, in whose service I’m supposed to be writing. Please pray for me that I give glory to Him who is the Beginning and the End. 

No comments:

Post a Comment