Sunday, June 7, 2015

Corpus Christi: Mozart's 'Ave Verum Corpus'

So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you;  he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.  For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.  He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. (John 6:53-56)




Weekly Roundup

Most of the week was taken up with administering and grading final exams, but I did find the time to bring back a few old favorites:

“On Being A Christian In Public Life” Some helpful guidance from the former Cardinal Ratzinger [here

“It is a fearful thing when man sets his will against the will of God” Funny how the same old evils keep coming back [here]  


“Vespers: 2nd ‘Hinge’ of the Liturgy of the Hours (LOH 5)”  Praying the Liturgy of the Hours can give lay men and women a direct connection to the sweep of Salvation History [here

No comments:

Post a Comment